Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend: Family Above All

This was my last week of Maternity Leave. And as it comes to a close, I'm left with all too much nostalgia. In four months my life, our lives, have changed so drastically. I would not do anything differently. I have absolutely no regrets. But, I'm finding it hard to gather myself together and restart my work life with a new baby and a new life. I guess we will see how it all goes tomorrow. I'm envisioning a lot of tears. Probably more tears on my end than Olivia's.

This weekend was a whirlwind. It was consumed with some sadness, but overall turned into a beautiful celebration of life and a reminder of how valuable family is. We recently lost Rajiv's paternal grandmother and attended her service mid week. Although, her loss was not a surprise, it was painful nonetheless. It's never easy losing a parent or a grandparent. We are happy to know she is no longer suffering and even happier to know she lived a long and wonderful life.

With the loss of Rajiv's grandmother brought a reunion of family. It was so wonderful to see them after so many months. Catching up, reminiscing, making future plans...what a wonderful support system we have! We are so lucky to have family so dear. We wished they all lived closer so we can see them more regularly. Too many missed moments and memories...

After our time with the Patels, we went to Murrieta to spend time with my family. This weekend we commemorated the twenty-ish years since my maternal grand mother's passing. As usual, great food in copious amounts and laughter all around.

Olivia had a tough weekend, being out of her environment and scheduling all out of sync, she fussed quite a bit. However, she did very well in the car and in public on walks and in restaurants! She just needs to adjust to larger crowds at home :)

Again, this weekend just reminded me of how completely lucky we are to have such wonderful family. We are enveloped by love and support. Not very many people get to have the family we have and I need to be thankful more often. I'm grateful that Olivia gets to grow up with two loving sets of grandparents who can't get enough of her. I can't say it enough, but we are lucky beyond words.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment