Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recent Struggle: Finding Balance

Working moms. How do they do it? How do they find the balance of being a good mom and a good employee? It's amazing to me. I'm in awe. 

I'm not sure I can put myself in the same group with the elite that call themselves the working moms. I'm only eighteen days back to work as a mom and a few days ago, finally felt as though I found my stride. Today, I felt as though an avalanche buried me ten feet under the snow where it's cold,  uncomfortable, scary and impossible to get out of. As the avalanche came barreling towards me, I saw the moments of my life maternity leave flash before my eyes. The moments of holding my baby mid day, singing to her, hearing her coos, going on walks...my biggest worry whether or not she pooped or if she ate enough. Today, I'm worrying about client reports, meeting sales goals, setting up appointments -need I go on?? Oh wait, I forgot about what to make for dinner. Did the baby eat enough today? I need to vacuum. Is that an eczema break out on her face? Did someone feed the dog? Did I shower yet? Oh crap, I need to pump my breast milk. 

This balancing life and work thing is no joke, but throw in being a mom and it brings it to a new level.  Giving work my 100% and my baby and husband 100% is harder than I initially thought. I'm not sure what it's going to take or when it's going to kick in, but everyone tells me it will.  And today, I am finding it difficult to believe everyone. Today, I'm struggling, but I know I get to start all over tomorrow. I just hope I figure it all out in time before I lose my mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment